Monday, April 26, 2010

Good for the Environment and You!

For years now we have heard about the benefits of oatmeal, soluble fiber, and the role (it may have) in preventing heart disease. Many of us recognize big cardboard tubes filled with the stuff loitering our supermarket shelves. I have a guy with a hat right now taking up room in my cupboard and one of those is enough. I don't know about you, but for some reason the instant stuff in the economy size tube always overflows in my microwave. For the sake of not having to clean out my microwave every morning, I tend to stick to cold cereal. But enough about my lack of my ability to microwave properly skills. When I grocery shop I usually breeze right past the oatmeal section. But then I saw this...





Meet BetterOats. They have made every part of buying, storing, and making oatmeal even easier. Let's explore this more:

Buying: At the store I shop at it was $1.09 for 5 pouches. The guy in the hat, $3.29 for 10.

Winner: BetterOats

Storing: They boast a "Space Saving Pantry Pack." And truth be told, it is really space saving (and way more eye-catching packaging). You have the option of tearing off the top half of the box to easily pluck out a pouch when need be. We all know what the stuff comes in. In fact, my BetterOats are now blocking my oatmeal tube.

Winner: BetterOats

Making: Get this (it's going to blow your mind).
Step one: empty pouch contents in bowl (or coffee mug if you're running low on dishes).
Step two: fill pouch to water fill line (e.g. use it as a measuring cup!!!) and pour that in with the oatmeal. How the hell no one thought of this sooner is beyond me. It's plain genius. Forget the guy in the hat.

Winner: BetterOats

Not only does it have all that going for it, but it tastes good too. (Plus, the microwave is spotless!) It comes in all sorts of varieties from mmm...muffins to the oh-so-popular 100 calorie packs. For more information check out: betteroats.com

BONUS: Click on taste test for a free coupon to try them and see for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment